Here are some of the electronic books we've recently purchased, in order to better support the clinical rotations and our current online curriculum. There are some really good additions to our collection! Please note that not all of the books have unlimited simultaneous user licenses.
- Color atlas of veterinary histology, 3rd ed. by W.J. Bacha (2006)
- Common Clinical Presentations in Dogs and Cats by R.E. Englar (2019)
- Dellmann's textbook of veterinary histology, 3rd ed. (2006)
- Equine ophthalmology 3rd ed. by B.C. Gilger (2017)
- Fundamentals of Veterinary Clinical Pathology by S.L. Stockham (2008)
- Handbook on animal-assisted therapy: Foundations and guidelines for animal-assisted interventions, 5th ed. edited by A. Fine (2019)
- Large animal internal medicine, 5th ed. edited by B.P. Smith (2020), note: 3 user licenses
- Medical management of wildlife species by S.M. Hernandez (2020)
- Practical Veterinary Urinalysis by C.A. Sink (2012)
- Small Animal Surgery, 5th ed. edited by T. Fossum (2018), note: 3 user licenses
- Veterinary Hematology: A Diagnostic Guide and Color Atlas by J.W. Harvey (2012)
- Veterinary Hematology : atlas of common domestic and non-domestic species, 3rd ed by W.J. Reagan (2019)
- Veterinary Hematology and Clinical Chemistry, 2nd ed. by M.A. Thrall (2012)
- Withrow & MacEwen's small animal clinical oncology, 6th ed. edited by D.M. Vail (2020)
Temporary Emergency Access
We have some publishers and book repositories that are giving us temporary access to their electronic books because of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Textbook of Veterinary Physiological Chemistry, 3rd. ed. by L.R. Engelking (2015)
- Hathi Trust has turned on the ability for us to read e-book copies of close to 45% of the print book collection at the Tufts Libraries through the Hathi Trust Emergency Temporary Access Service. More information.
- VitalSource has veterinary-related books. The publishers include Cambridge, Wiley, Elsevier, McGraw-Hill, OUP, and Taylor & Francis. Create a VitalSource account with your .edu email address then search for textbooks. Users can have access to no more than 7 titles. See VitalSource Helps for additional FAQ assistance.
To Be Published
A few of the purchased books haven't been published yet, but will hopefully be available later this year. They include:
- Animal Hospice and Palliative Medicine for the House Call Vet by L. Hendrix
- Ferrets Rabbits and Rodents, 4th ed. by K. Quesenberry
- Hand rearing birds, 2nd ed. by R.S. Duerr
- Small Animal Endoscopy, 4th ed. by T. Todd
- Small Animal Diagnostic Ultrasound, 4th ed. by J. Matoon
- Sheep, Goat, and Cervid Medicine by D. Pugh
- Saunders Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary, 5th ed.