- Borrow from Webster
- Get articles/book chapters (Document Delivery)
- Borrow from another library
- Service Fees
Borrowing from the Webster Family Library
The circulation desk is open whenever the library is open. All circulating materials are checked out at the circulation desk, located just inside the library entrance. Tufts University faculty, staff and students are eligible to borrow materials from the library upon presentation of a valid, current Tufts University ID. ARC, BLC and Special User Card holders may only check out non-reserve materials. Special borrowers may be required to present additional identification. The library staff can assist borrowers with renewals and recalls of library materials. Address changes and lost ID's should be reported to the circulation desk as soon as possible.
Loan Periods for Circulating Materials
- Books in the Vet Stacks: four weeks
- Laptops: one week
- Reference and Reserve Materials: library use only
- Replacement Charges
- All Webster Family Library users are responsible for replacement and processing fees for lost library materials. Library materials that are not returned or renewed are assumed lost, and replacement charges are added to the user's library account. The replacement charge for a lost item is $90. Library charges may be paid by check in the Webster Family Library. If you have questions concerning library charges please contact the library.
- Books and videos may be renewed using the My Account feature in the Tufts catalog, in person at the circulation desk or by contacting the Webster Family Library . Books requested by another patron cannot be renewed.
- Library books may be returned to the drop slot, located at the end of the circulation desk. If the library is not open, they may be put in the book drop just outside the library entrance. Also materials can be returned to the vet tech library in the animal hospital.
- Library Reserve Materials
- The library maintains a collection of materials placed on reserve by Veterinary faculty or library staff. Reserve materials are shelved by call number and are located in the Reserve stacks and may be used only in the library.
Get Articles / Book Chapters from the Library Collection
ILL staff will provide scanned PDFs from journals and books in the Webster Family Library collection. Send us your requests via ILLiad, the Request link in the Tufts Library Catalog or from a Find It@Tufts link.
Students may submit up to 2 requests per day for materials that are *not* in the Reserves section. Faculty and staff are not limited in the number of requests they can place per day, or to non-Reserves materials.
Due to copyright guidelines, library staff will not scan more than one chapter per book, or 10% of the entire book.
Borrowing from Other Libraries
Cummings School students, faculty and staff who need material not available at the Webster Family Library may request the items using the Tufts Library Catalog or ILLiad. An ILL staff person will attempt to borrow or get copies of material from other libraries. Many journal articles are available online, please check the Tufts catalog for holdings before submitting your request.
Please supply a complete bibliographic citation and the citation source if you can (Medline, for example). This information will help us to expedite the interlibrary loan process. Every effort is made to get material as quickly as possible. On average, articles arrive in one to seven days, books may take up to three weeks or more. Libraries are required to observe both the regulations of the lending library and US copyright laws. Note: All requests should indicate the latest date that the patron needs the material.
2 requests per day for Webster Library owned, non-reserve materials;
no limit for non-Webster Library owned materials;
|Faculty and Staff||$0||$0||$0|
|Special Users||$11||N/A||$25/hour with a $25 minimum charge|
|Outside Patrons||$20||N/A||$25/hour with a $25 minimum charge|